National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day!
Tomorrow, January 9th is National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day! We, at SERVPRO value all of our first responders and look forward to celebrating them tomorrow.
National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day was founded in 2015 to thank officers across the country for all the daily sacrifices they make for their communities. Concerns of Police Survivors, the FBI National Academy Associates, the Fraternal Order of Police, the International Association of Chief of Police, the Officer Down Memorial Page, Law Enforcement United, the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, International Conference of Police Chaplains, National Troopers Coalition only name a few of the long list of organizations supporting inaugural day of National Law Enforcement Officers Appreciation Day. Since then, nationwide many more organizations have joined forces to support National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.) to spread encouragement and respect to these dedicated men and women.
How to Observe
- Change your profile picture on social media to the .jpg image provided at.www.facebook.com/nationalcops
- Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
- Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
- Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
- Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
- Participate in Project Blue Light - Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement.
- Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers.
- Advertise your support through local media outlets/billboards.
- Post the public service announcement supplied by C.O.P.S. to your organization’s webpage or social media pages